Inner West, South West and Western Sydney
Would you like to have employment that is rewarding for you and provides a better quality of life to someone in the community?
PAWA COMMUNITY CARE Inc. is looking for Casual Care Workers located throughout South West, South-East, Inner West and Western Sydney.
You will be responsible for providing person centred support and services to clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting elderly clients in their own home
- Following specific instructions within the care plan of the client, e.g. providing personal care, light housework, transport
- Maintaining privacy & confidentiality at all times
- Attending regular training sessions and monthly meetings
- Timely reporting of care notes, any hazards or incidents
- You will be available for shifts that start and finish between 6am and 8pm, Monday to Friday on a variable roster. Some weekend work may be required.
Current Australian driver’s licence and reliable car; mobile phone with internet access are essential. You will be paid for time and kilometres travelled between and kilometres travelled with client.
Employment with PAWA Community Care is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
We are looking for people who care demonstrate:
- Previous experience within an Aged Care or Community Care environment (desirable)
- Experience in provision of personal care – highly desirable
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care or equivalent (desirable)
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations thorough Metropolitan Sydney
- Awareness of Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and risk management practices
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
We offer a friendly work environment, are supportive of the work/life balance, continuous education and staff development.
We are looking for Polish or other Eastern European language, e.g. Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Slovak, and Ukrainian speakers.
PAWA Community Care Inc. provides a range of support services to support older people of Diverse Cultural backgrounds and their carers in Metropolitan Sydney.
For further information call Irmina Sulkowska on 02 9716 0036